Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Beautiful fall day

Here in Massachusetts we've been blessed with some gorgeous fall days, and really pretty leaves this year. We don't always get so lucky. It's great for photographers with all the rich colors.

I arranged for a photographer friend who's building her business to take photos of my kids today. I'm really looking forward to seeing what she came away with. Of course I had my camera out as well, but mostly I was taking shots of other things and staying out of the way.

This was my favorite shot from the afternoon:


I had my macro lens out again, and with macro it's a common issue that much of the shot can be out of focus. It looks to me like the very center of the dandelion is in focus but the rest is softer. I kind of think it works for a dreamy look.

While my daughter had the dandelion I managed to catch more of a portrait shot of her. It's not a perfect photo, but considering that she usually sticks her tongue out at me, I'll take it.


I guess I have to face the truth - my baby girl is growing up! Sniff, sniff.

No comments:

Post a Comment