Monday, October 27, 2014

Macro Monday

Hey, it's Monday, and I have a macro shot to share, so I thought I'd start a weekly tradition of Macro Monday. Disclaimer: I really like shooting macro, so I might not be able to resist posting macro shots on other days if I have something I love. But Monday will officially be macro day.

One of my favorite things about the Clickin Moms community is the classes they offer. I'm taking (or auditing) three right now and it's giving me so much information. Yesterday I signed up for my first class as a full participant, where you submit photos and get feedback from the instructor. The class is, you guessed it... on macro shooting. I'm looking forward to everything we're going to learn in the next four weeks. We are encouraged to get out and shoot every day, so this afternoon I took a walk around my neighborhood to get a few shots. I like the different textures in this one.



The fun thing about macro is you will never run out of subjects. Anything could potentially be interesting when you get up close. It's also a great option if you're out shooting and the light isn't too good - that's much less critical for macro.

Macro photographers seem to love shooting flowers, and it's easy to see why. They are simply amazing in their details. I got myself a pretty bouquet at Costco and I'm sure I'll be using them in my photos all week. What a great excuse to have to buy myself flowers!


Many of the instructors and alumni of the macro course have said how therapeutic shooting macro is. I can see why - you get in a zone and find these tiny worlds you wouldn't have expected. I'm excited to learn more about this kind of photography - I think it will have a permanent place in my portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment